Nidan is distressed to see the upcoming economic and social challenges and drastic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the informal sector workers such as Safai Sathis, waste picker workers, domestic workers, daily wage workers, construction workers, street vendors, rickshaw workers, auto rickshaw workers, home based workers etc. These people need immediate help and materials for their protection from COVID -19. Please support our campaign in helping them during this crises.
About The Campaign
Nidan endeavor is to facilitate empowerment of the poor and marginalized sections through appropriate community based and pro-poor participative interventions. We feel it is important to evolve and facilitate a broad based movement for recognition and implementation of rights of unorganized labourers- whether it is education, health or livelihood of poor women and men or protection of children involved in the informal sector. Nidan’s prime target group has always been the unorganized workers be it migrant labourers or street vendors or rag pickers who doesn’t benefit from any statutory protection against various types of systematic exploitation and remains outside the preview of various labour welfare and protection policies and programme.Nidan was registered in the year 1996 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. Organization has FCRA certification along with 12 A & 80 G recognition under the Income Tax Act. Nidan has been intensively working with the people employed in unorganized sector in the state of Bihar, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand. We believes in strengthening its stakeholders through appropriate Capacity Building for which innovative, local-based training modules have been evolved.
We are distressed to foresee the upcoming economic and social challenges and drastic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the informal sector workers such as Safai Sathis, waste picker workers, domestic workers, daily wage workers, construction workers, street vendors, auto rickshaw workers, home based workers etc.
These people without economic and social support are worrying about how to feed their families and earn an income, and they cannot, even if they wanted to, practice social distancing and responsible health practices. Therefore, Nidan is working to give immediate support to them.
- Ration and Ready to Meal – Nidan will provide ration and ready to food meal to the people who are in crises.
- IEC materials – WHO approved IEC material will be prepared and distributed in the areas. People will be given information on how they can keep themselves and their families safe from coronavirus.
- Sanitation kits – Sanitation kits with sanitizers, soaps, masks and gloves will be distributed to most excluded sections in the area.
- Hand washing Station – Portable hand washing station with all facilities would be setup in the different parts of the areas specially slums so that people can have access to hand washing facility.
- Rath Campaign – A mobile van will move around in the area with a loud speaker informing the people regarding the COVID – 19 and the preventive measures they can take. It will also distribute IEC materials.